National Tower Operations Manager
We are seeking a National Tower Operations Manager to join Wireless EDGE’s Site Development team. The Site Development team is responsible for the delivery of construction projects, developing new tower assets and management of capital improvement projects across our tower portfolio. Day to day you will administer field-based construction activities for new and upgraded cell installations and organize our portfolio operations.
- Work on construction projects; extract contract language, develop scope, manage budgets, schedules, vendors, site designs, material ordering, progress monitoring, site utility coordination and closeouts.
- Audit new and existing assets and help onboard new portfolio contracts.
- Direct and review project due diligence, A&E deliverables and structural consultants.
- Analyze applications for equipment modifications and support leasing team.
- Execute field team operational procedures to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify potential risk issues and collaborate with to develop a preventative action plan to address them.
- Provide effective problem resolutions to facilitate improvements between the client/customer and field team. Mediate client or subcontractor problems that arise at site level.
- Develop strong relationships with key constituents and work with the Site Development team to scope and execute projects.
- Maintain project database and communicate project updates and timelines to Site Development team.
- Specify and procure towers and site materials.
- Coordinate with Site Development team and Supply Chain to identify and partner with select vendors for construction activities; review and approve project expense requests, purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Will require travel and visits to project sites, client and customer meetings.
- Participate in industry association outings, conferences and educational events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Planning, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience preferred. Experience in wireless site construction and/or carrier deployment required.
- Management experience preferred.
- Travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Leadership qualities and capabilities; subject matter expert in construction principles and methods.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a demonstrated safe driving record.
- Vendor management, real-estate management, or a civil construction experience preferred.
- Knowledge of antennas and cables, tower hardware preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Google Earth.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- Paid time off
Wireless EDGE is an independent tower owner, operator and developer of wireless communications real estate. Our portfolio includes sites throughout the U.S. and is experiencing steady growth. We manage Governmental portfolios for development of tower and rooftop cell facilities.